South Side Christian Church holds Jesus Christ as head of the Church and depends upon the Word of God and the Holy Spirit to guide the church’s activities. We believe:
1. Jesus is the one and only Son of God, sent to offer salvation through His death on the cross (John 3:16). He is the one and only way to salvation and eternal life (John 14:6).
2. Salvation is provided by the grace of God and accepted through repentance, baptism by immersion (Acts 2:38), faith in and confession of Jesus Christ as Lord (Romans 10:9).
3. The Bible is God-breathed (2 Timothy 3:16), infallible, and inerrant.
4. The Church exists to provide instruction in the nature of God, fellowship, the weekly observance if the Lord’s Supper, and encouragement of believers (Acts 2:42).
5. Marriage is ordained by God to be between one man and one woman for life ((Genesis 2:24).
6. We are called as Christians to demonstrate our love for God through obedience to His Words (John 14:15).
7. The qualifications for ministers, deacons, elders, and teachers as set forth in 1 Tim 3, Titus 1:5-9, Acts 6:1-6, 1 Pet. 5:1-4, and James 3:1-2 are the standards of appropriate lifestyle for a church leader.